This agreement is limited to the use of the named facility only. If you have reserved an outdoor space and the weather turns inclement, you do not automatically have access to other parts of the building without a reservation. Room reservations do not include arrangements for parking, which must be made separately if available.
- UC Custodial Services will NOT remove garbage, boxes, bottles, etc. from special events. You or your caterer must remove ALL garbage and recycling resulting from your event. The dumpsters at the southwest corner of VLSB are available for this purpose. Do NOT leave garbage cans in the courtyard full to overflowing—remove all of your own garbage.
- You are responsible for all other arrangements such as extra chairs, media, furniture, etc. and the room must be cleared and clean before you leave.
- Storage space is not available.
- Please do not tape, staple, or pin anything to the walls or doors in VLSB. Smoking is not permitted in VLSB; this includes the courtyard. All VLSB corridors and lobbies are fire exits; do not obstruct these areas with tables or other materials.
- If you have reserved the courtyard and your event ends after normal business hours, you are responsible for making sure all courtyard entrances are locked and that you are the last to leave the area.
- If you cancel your event but do not cancel your room reservation, you will forfeit your reservation privileges.
- The Department of Integrative Biology reserves the right to cancel your reservation due to misrepresentation of the event, the speakers or the advertising.
- You must notify us within two business days of the event if you are canceling your reservation or the full fee will remain payable. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation for failure to remit payment prior to the event. You agree to pay our costs in the event of damage or the need for cleaning beyond normal maintenance. Cleanup will be charged at $75 / hour as needed.
The Micro Yali's cafe located in the courtyard is available for catering approved events in VLSB. Please contact Yali's Cafe directly at 510.843.2233 for catering arrangements.
Fees are payable in advance. Make checks payable to UC Regents and mail or deliver to:
VLSB Attention Derek Apodaca
3028 Valley Life Sciences Building, MC 3140
UC Berkeley, 94720-3140
|VLSB building contacts
|Facilities Manager/ Health & Safety Officer
|IB Administrative Offices
|Other useful contacts
|UC Physical Plant 24 hour emergencies:
|UC Police (emergencies):
|UC Police (direct emergency line from cell phone):
|UC Environment Health & Safety:
|UC Police (non-emergency):
» Map of VLSB's location on campus.