BDS Student Services Mission Statement
We partner with faculty, staff, and students to create an inclusive academic community that offers holistic advising and innovative services to support educational success.
Student services staff provide support for:
Undergraduate Affairs Office (UAO)
- Academic advising, course planning, major declaration, and graduation requirements
- Course registration and enrollment, academic room scheduling, curriculum management
- Guidance about research opportunities, graduate & professional schools, and career opportunities
- Event planning including Commencement
- Academic probation and student conduct
- Community Outreach: Cal Student Orientation, Cal Day, Biology Majors Fair, Honors events, weekly newletters, etc.
Graduate Affairs Office (GAO)
- Graduate advising
- Course registration and enrollment
- Admissions, recruitment and orientation
- Graduate funding (GSI & GSR appointments, departmental awards, NIH training grants)
- Monitor degree progress
Visit the sites linked below for details.