Fourth Floor West
The west research wing will be unlocked for seminars, faculty advising or for university business during regular business hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Access to the fourth floor west can be gained by card reader via:
- the west connecting doors;
- the west stairwell (Stair 6);
- the freight elevator (#3);
- and west elevator (#4).
The public elevators in the center of VLSB (#1, #2), and the center and east stairwells are always unlocked at the fourth floors for access to the MCB undergraduate teaching labs.
- Unrestricted access to the fifth floor research area is available to persons with university business from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday-Friday via all stairwells and elevators. After hours and weekend access to the fifth floor will be restricted to authorized persons with an activated card.
- Stairwells 1 & 2 (east) and stair 4 (north center) to the fifth floor are manually unlocked over the business hours. Stair 3 ( south center stairwell), stair 6 (the west stairwell), and elevators 3 &4 are unlocked 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- Access is available at these locations after hours and weekends with an activated card key.
- Elevator 3 & 4 are primarily for the transport of hazardous materials and are not regular passenger elevators.
Access to the roof is restricted. Greenhouse access is available with prior approval of the Instructional Coordinator and the Building Manager. The Greenhouse is for IB instructional use. Research use is approved on a special case basis only.
Access to external entrances after hours is automatically added to each person assigned to the VLSB. This does not include special entrances such as the west connector and field entrance.
Persons requesting card key activation to these areas must be assigned to spaces on these floors or have prior approval by the Building Manager (3-9998). Card key activation can be applied for in room 1005 VLSB.