The following guidelines have been established for the use of general assignment classrooms and public areas located in the VLSB. Guests in VLSB spaces must follow these guidelines for the enjoyment and safety of all.
- Food & Drink / Catering Events
- Security & Safety
- Clean-Up & Custodial Care
- Audiovisual & Table Rental
- Contact Numbers
General assignment classrooms and auditoria (2030, 2032, 2038, 2062, 2066, 2070, 2040, 2050, 2060) must be assigned to the user in advance through classroom scheduling @ https://or.berkeley.edu/SpecialEventRequest/ or email@example.com for general questions.
Events requiring special building hours must be arranged 5 working days in advance to schedule programming of automatic lockdown doors.
The east lobby, atrium and courtyard may not be used for receptions, displays, or organized gatherings without prior consent of the VLSB Management (3-9998).
- UC Berkeley is now a tobacco-free campus as of January 1, 2014 (see Policy). Smoking is no longer permitted anywhere on campus.
- No bicycles, skating or pets are allowed in the building at any time.
- No loud music or disruptive behavior.
- All lecturing and discussions must be limited to the labs, classrooms and auditoria.
- Animals except seeing eye dogs are prohibited in the building.
- Posting of materials is to be confined to bulletin boards or easels approved for that purpose. Please use tacks: taping or stapling to wall surfaces or bulletin boards is prohibited.
- All tables chairs and classroom equipment must stay in those areas.
- Guests must leave the VLSB at 10:00 PM or when the building closes.
- Children are prohibited from areas storing or using hazardous chemicals, isotopes or hazardous equipment.
- Absolutely no food or drink is allowed in the classrooms or Auditoria.
- Catering or serving food and any other group use of public areas such as lobbies must be approved first by the building management (3-9523).
- Alcoholic beverages may not be served unless by campus permit and prior notification to the building management.
- No storage of any equipment or materials in the hallways without prior arrangement.
- All persons must immediately evacuate the building if a fire alarm sounds.
- Reentry after an alarm is only allowed when given direction by the Police, Fire Department or Building Safety Team Member.
- Tampering with any building equipment, safety equipment or the damaging of any facilities will not be tolerated. Violators will be prosecuted.
- Doors are not to be propped open for any reason.
- After-hours access is allowed only to building occupants.
- All other campus rules and regulations are to be abided by.
Guests are expected to leave the facility clean and orderly at the completion of an event. Any clean up or damages over and above routine services will be recharged to the user.
Users desiring audiovisual equipment in the lecture halls should make prior arrangement with Media Services @ 3-8637.
- Classroom Scheduling: https://or.berkeley.edu/SpecialEventRequest/ or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Media Services 3-8637
- Building Safety Officer/Facilities Manager 3-9523
- Building Facilities Assistant 2-4560
- Campus EH&S 2-3073
- Physical Plant (Facilities) 2-1032
- UC Police Department 2-6760
- Fire Department or Emergencies 911 campus phone
- *Use (510) 642-3333 from a cell phone
- 911 off campus phone